Monday, April 9, 2018

A Perfect Spring Day!


Today was the first day of the year for both a drive in the triple black Porsche 2001 Boxster and a ride on the all black Porsche 2004 Bike X. Both have been in a long winter hibernation. Too long. The temperature today was in the mid 60s and very little wind. Perfect conditions to put the top down and drive the Boxster to work. The roads are finally free of snow and water and the town clean up crew even swept up all the sand off the roads used to provide traction during the winter weather. That sand absolutely ruins paint, which is why I wait until the roads are clear! I had a great time driving the convertible roadster around today. It's been too long!

With such a beautiful day, I had to take the afternoon off and go for a bike ride. Parking the Boxster I immediately changed into my cycling gear and jumped on the Porsche 2004 Bike X for an afternoon ride. I haven't been on any of my bikes in awhile. Riding from Glenshire I rode through downtown Truckee and out to Donner Lake and back totaling almost 25 miles. The first 3/4 of the ride felt great and I was riding strong and fast. I felt like I haven't lost any conditioning over the winter. Then at that 3/4 mark my legs just went soft. I ran out of energy and strength. I just went flat. I had to ride slowly just to make it home. I guess I need to ease back into cycling!

Regardless, I had a great time with two of my Porsches on an incredible spring day. I'm looking forward to more of the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...