Monday, April 23, 2018

Bike S first spring ride

Another first for 2018. With improving weather I'm getting my Porsche bikes and cars back out of the garage for the first time this year. The last couple of weeks the Bike X and Boxster made a 2018 debut and today was my first ride on the 1998 Porsche Bike S.

This Bike S is my favorite. It is so much fun to ride. It handles tight corners like a sports car and brakes ultra quick. I rode 12 miles today from Glenshire along the Truckee River Legacy Trail to the Truckee Regional Park and back home.

It wasn't my best time on this frequently traveled route, but I enjoyed the chance to push my legs again.

About half way out I noticed the front brakes had cobwebs covering the calibers. Gross. So my bike literally had cobwebs from the long winter. I had to clean that up as soon as I got back!

Now that spring is finally here, I plan to get out there and ride and run a lot more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...