Sunday, September 6, 2020

40 miles on the Bike X

It’s been a while since I’ve ridden the 2004 Porsche Bike X. Since I’m going to attempt the 184.5 mile C&O Canal Towpath on the Bike S, I thought I should put a lot of practice miles on that bike. Today however, I thought I would give the Bike S a rest and ride the Bike X. The Bike S may handle corners and brake better, but the Bike X is definitely faster in a straight line and uphills. I enjoy experiencing the different ride of each bike. It’s like having a different tool for a different job.

This Bike X is one of 250 made and sold only in Germany. Originally it was a hybrid bike, a road bike frame and rims with mountain bike gearing, handlebars,  suspension and tires. After purchasing it, I swapped out the tires, suspension and handlebar grips to make it more of a commuter-style bike. It’s definitely a fast bike though.

Today was a quick 40 miles around the BWI Airport and down to Annapolis and back. I think I’ll do the same ride tomorrow on the Bike X again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...