Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Bike X GAP ride conversion

Bike X GAP: My plan is to ride the 2004 Bike X on the 148-mile GAP trail next spring. To prepare the Bike X for the dirt path endurance ride, I moved the Ortlieb saddle pack and SKS rear wheel mud guard from the 1998 Bike S to the Bike X. I also re-installed the Bike X's original Continental Tour Ride 700c x 1.6 tires and added a second water bottle.

Bike X Death Ride: The Bike X was last seriously used in the 2017 Death Ride campaign. For the Death Ride, I converted the Bike X from a hybrid/touring bike to a hill climbing road bike. I added the Continental Gatorskin 700c x 28 tires for the 129-mile Sierra Nevada ride. Now I'm changing the Bike X back to a touring bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...