Sunday, October 4, 2020

Bike X 50-Mile W & OD ride


Looking for other trails to ride in my newish home of Maryland, I found the 45-mile long Washington and Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park. Searching online for new cycling opportunities is easy and fun. I discovered that the western end of the trailhead is only 35 minutes from my house. I needed a place to test out the 2004 Porsche Bike X after changing the tires and tubes and adjusting the brakes and shifters and the W & OD appeared like the perfect place to do jus that. The Washington and Old Dominion is another old rail line that has been converted into a paved biking and walking path. The quality of the path is incredible. It does however, run right through some heavily populated areas and that means people and cars. My average pace wasn't good due to walkers joggers, bikers, cross walks, stop lights and stop signs. But that was perfect conditions to test out the changes to the Bike X. I ended up with 50 miles and the Bike X performed great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...