Sunday, October 18, 2020

Porsche RSR wins Petit Le Mans


After painting my patio all day yesterday, I fired up the computer to watch the end of the 10-hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. I'm glad I did. After Porsche didn't qualify particularly well and was running mid pack throughout the race, I didn't think their chances of a podium finish were very likely. Watching the end of the race from my computer, I was able to see the 911 leap frog the second place Corvette in the pits and then when the leading BMW crashed, the 911 inherited the lead with 30-minutes left. This was the first 2020 win for the USA Factory RSR and the last race ever for the car and team. Happy to see the RSR win, sad it's the last race. But Porsche will likely field a top-class LMDi in 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...