Friday, October 16, 2020

Where the C&O goal started

I was back in Frederick, MD for some wine tasting and sightseeing yesterday and stopped by the Frederick town visitor center where I first learned about the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal Towpath. This is where I first set my goal of riding the 184.5-mile C&O Canal Towpath on my 1998 Porsche Bike S mountain bike. Returning to the visitor center, I had to take a photo of the giant C&O wall display that caught my eye last fall and thank the volunteer workers at the visitor center. I told them I rode the C&O last month and am planning to ride the 148-mile Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) next year. Hearing this, they gave me a book and maps about the GAP ride, like they did last year for the C&O. Here we go again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...