Monday, July 4, 2016

Porsche Bike S parade

Me and my 1998 Porsche Bike S unofficially led the Truckee Fourth of July parade. I headed out this morning for an early ride through downtown Truckee on my way to attempt Donner Summit again. I noticed people as early as 7:30am grabbing up the sidewalk curbs in anticipation of the upcoming parade. Through Truckee and along Donner Lake people were getting into the spirit of the national holiday. After I reached the summit bridge I turned around and headed back to find myself riding through Truckee just as they closed the road. I and a few others on bicycles were able to ride through, without cars, just prior to the parade. What a perfect way to spend the Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...