Saturday, July 23, 2016

Porsche Bike S Tour de Truckee

In honor of the Tour de France, I rode my 1998 Porsche Bike S all over Truckee today. I'll call this ride the Tour de Truckee. I covered each and every housing development and major site along the way. Started from my home in Glenshire, rode the Legacy Trail paved path to downtown Truckee, went under the freeway into the Pioneer commercial area, stayed on the paved path to Old Greenwood and up to Prosser Lakeview Estates. I crossed 89 at Alder Creek and preceded the steep uphill to the top of Tahoe Donner. That was a gnarly ascent and led to a bombing downhill from Tahoe Donner down Northwoods Blvd. At the bottom of the hill I went right and looped around Donner Lake - dodging cars and people the entire way. I forgot it was Saturday! From Donner Lake I rode straight through Truckee and back on the Legacy Trail home. 45 miles and covered every inch of Truckee. Speed was slow due to hills, people, cars and tired legs. I'll try this again sometime soon for a better speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...