Saturday, July 16, 2016

Porsche Bike S Truckee Tahoe Triangle ride

Another 50-miler on my Porsche Bike S this morning! I rode from Glenshire to North Lake Tahoe and back through Truckee, again. Second time in seven days. Perfect ride weather. Sunny, cool and no wind. I had to meander a bit to get the full 50 miles. Averaged 13 miles per hour - a little faster than last week's ride. Burned 2,603 calories too.

I stopped at a boat ramp to take a photo of my 1998 Porsche Bike S with one of the wooden boats that frequent Lake Tahoe. Very neat boats, but the guys working there were more interested in my bike. One guy asked, "is that a Porsche mountain bike!?!"

I've had a good July riding this bike and am now comfortable riding up to 50 miles. In August I'll start to push the miles to the 60-70 range with the 72 mile Lake Tahoe ride coming up in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...