Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Mission Death Ride: Training

How the heck does someone prepare to ride a bicycle 129 miles over 5 Sierra mountain passes and 15,000 feet of climbing?

Lots of training! I'm in that process of preparing for the 2017 Death Ride in early July. And I'm excited about every part of all the training, pain and suffering that goes along with riding a 2004 Porsche Bike X in one of the most challenging bike rides in the United States.

So, to pull off this extreme effort, I've created a training plan that includes riding, strength workouts, yoga stretching and two additional "training rides" I've signed up for. I created this after talking to two friends that have ridden the Death Ride before and a good friend who is an excellent personal trainer.

I hope this helps my chances of completing this mega ride on my first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...