Sunday, March 19, 2017

Porsche Bike X hard Sunday road ride

A cycling neighbor of mine invited me out for a little bike ride to explore Truckee to see how much snow was still blocking some of the roads.

Since we planned to stick to open roads, I decided to ride the Porsche Bike X road bike. My neighbor showed up on an ultra light road bike.

We rode the three miles down to Hirschdale and got to Boca Lake to find snow covering the road. So we turned around and headed back to Truckee up a few steep hills.

Getting into downtown Truckee we decided to ride out to Donner Lake and back to Glenshire which ended up getting us over 30 miles.

The best part of the ride was trying to keep up with my neighbor bike rider. He rides all the time and is super strong on the uphill riding. I pushed myself to keep up for 30 miles getting an amazing workout.

Now my legs are sore. But I feel good. Good training ride today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...