Friday, March 31, 2017

Porsche Bike X half mile hill repeats

It's time to get serious about the Death Ride!

Following my plan, I decided to do some elevation training. I didn't have much time today so I opened my garage door and did 10 half mile repeats up my steep street road. Grinding for a half mile up and then flying back downhill.

Riding the 2004 Porsche Bike X uphill was a dream. The lightweight frame, extra gears and the wide-stance handlebars makes ascending so much easier than the 1998 Porsche Bike S I've been riding more recently.

My GPS shows the ten ups and downs in 10 miles and also states a 2,375 ft ascent. Not bad for a quick hour training ride.

This weekend I am planning to get a couple longer rides and more miles on the Bike X.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...