Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Porsche Bike X LeMond Loop

While on business today, I took the afternoon off to ride the 15-mile LeMond Loop in the Grass Valley/Nevada City area. The weather was a perfect low 70 degrees with light overcast clouds to filter the bright sun.

This short loop ride was made famous when American cycling star Greg LeMond rode it to warm up prior to winning the Nevada City Classic bike race.

I love this short ride. Some fast and fun corners, great downhills and challenging ascents. All in a neat short little ride.

Today I brought the 2004 Porsche Bike X. My first LeMond Loop with this recently rebuilt bike. I also rode with a good friend of mine. A friend that introduced me to the Loop.

Riding it with him a year later on a road bike, instead of the Porsche Bike S I rode last year, was amazing. The Bike X is way faster on the uphills and nearly as fast downhill as the Bike S. And my legs are much stronger now. I was powering up the hills much easier than a year ago.

Another great ride and another good training effort, all building to the Death Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...