Saturday, April 15, 2017

Another Porsche bicycle hill repeat ride


My training for the July 129-mile/5 mountain pass Death Ride includes a lot of hill climbing.

One of these training rides includes hill repeats on the road outside my home near Truckee, CA at nearly 6,000 ft elevation. The short half mile road is very steep. So I grind up the hill and then fly down. Over and over.

The first time I rode this 10-mile training ride I used the 2004 Porsche Bike X - the same road bike I'll be riding in the Death Ride. But for today's training I decided to use the 1998 Porsche Bike S mountain bike. I thought I'd make it harder on myself by riding the heavier bike with less gears and fatter tires.

But to my pleasant surprise, I completed the 10-mile routine in about the same time. My legs must be getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...