Friday, April 21, 2017

Spring is here!

  

60 degrees, sunny and a light breeze - the best riding weather in Truckee so far this year.

So, I jumped on the 2004 Porsche Bike X and rode from my Glenshire residence along the Truckee River on the awesome Legacy Trail, through Truckee to Donner Lake and then ascended the short but steep and windy Old Hwy 40 to Donner Summit.

I tried to push myself hard since I'm a little behind in my Death Ride training schedule. My legs are tired so I feel I did well.

Along the Legacy Trail an off lease dog chased me for a quarter mile. I used his barking to push me faster. He couldn't catch me and I wore him down. Now his owner has to find him. Teaches that lady a lesson.

The steep climb to the summit was hard, but fun with amazing views. Looking down from Donner Summit at Donner Lake is one of my top five favorite places.

The ride ended up at 31.5 miles and almost 4,000 feet of climbing. I burned 1,500 calories. Not a bad little 2 hour ride.

The Porsche Bike X performed perfectly. Fast on the flats and great on the steeps. I did worry a bit as the pot holes in the roads caused quite a lot of jarring on the carbon forks and aluminum frame. This bike does have some years on it. Hopefully it all holds together.

I'll likely use tomorrow as a yoga and rest day since I'm planning a 47 mile ride to Lake Tahoe and back Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...