Sunday, April 23, 2017

Porsche Bike X TTT


Today I rode the 2004 Porsche Bike X on the famous Truckee Tahoe Triangle bike loop. 

The TTT bike route stays on paved roads from my residence in Glenshire, through Truckee out over Brockway Summit on Highway 267 (just over 7,000 ft) to Kings Beach, along the beautiful Lake Tahoe to Tahoe City, then following the roaring Truckee River down Highway 89 back to Truckee and over to Glenshire.

The 47-mile route took me three and half hours under blue skies and cool and breezy conditions. The views of Lake Tahoe were spectacular and the Truckee River is flowing higher than I have ever seen it before. Lake Tahoe is full and water is dumping out into the river.

I stopped for a few photos and an energy bar in Tahoe City, but for the most part I just kept pedaling. The Bike X just cruised along, performing very well again. I did ride through some puddles, so I had to wash the bike when I was finished!

I originally planned to ride another 10 miles. But at the end of this ride, all the wind and hill climbing took it's toll. I opted to wrap up the ride at 47 miles instead of pushing too hard this early in the riding season. I do need to prepare for the Death Ride, but training smart is better than getting hurt early in the year.

After two tough rides in three days, I plan to rest most of this week with maybe a little easy garage spinning mid week. Then Friday I take the Porsche Bike X to Chico, California to ride in the Wildflower Century ride on Sunday. This will be my second Wildflower. Great organized ride. Looking forward to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...