Friday, April 7, 2017

Porsche and Adidas

Porsche and Adidas are not only both German companies with international reach, they are official corporate partners. If you look closely, you'll see the connection quite frequently. On Porsche race cars and on Adidas shoes, Porsche and Adidas go hand-in-hand.

Like the last several years, both the new for 2017 Porsche 919 LMP1 and 911 RSR World Endurance Championship race cars have Adidas logos prominently on the rear wings.

And Adidas manufactures an entire line of Porsche Design footwear and athletic clothes. Like the race cars, the Porsche and Adidas logos are side-by-side on shirts, jackets, shorts, pants and shoes.

To honor this Porsche/Adidas business partnership and ongoing company relationship, I've been wearing Adidas sportswear for my cycling adventures. I have Adidas shoes, socks, shirts, tights and sunglasses. Beyond the road and mountain biking I also have Adidas running and casual shoes and shirts and jackets. A whole lot of Adidas.

To cap off the Adidas and Porsche bike connection, I've been using the Adidas GPS app on my iPhone to track all my cycling miles. The screen shots from all my rides on this blog are from that Adidas "Train & Run" app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...