Friday, April 28, 2017

Heading to Chico ... soon

I loaded the 2004 Porsche Bike X and all my gear into the 2006 Cayenne S this morning for the trip to Chico, California for the first big ride of the year - the Wildflower Century. I just couldn't leave my bike outside while I stopped at the office for a few hours. It looks nice on carpet!

I meet four cycling friends tonight for pre-ride planning and beer. Then we all drive to Chico Saturday to get our rental house and the traditional pre-ride ride to the event check-in area for our wrist bands, maps, swag and, of course, more beer.

The weather for Sunday's ride is looking warm and breezy - which is Chico every day through spring and summer. But that's better than Truckee's cold and snow!

I'll update this blog several times this weekend with progress and photos on the ride and the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...