Friday, September 8, 2017

Pine needle season

This morning I rode a quick and spirited little 12 miles along the Truckee Legacy Trail path. It's a paved path, but this time of year it's hard to tell with all of the pine tree needles on the trail. I'm glad I brought the 1998 Porsche Bike S mountain bike since the traction was somewhat limited due to the needles. The Porsche Bike X would have been treacherous due to the low tread but the mountain bike tires have excellent grip.

I pedaled as quick as I could. With cool temperatures and no wind, it was a fun ride.

I have two days off because of a busy schedule. But I'll be back at it Monday.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the bicycle info. I have the S and R (1996, 1997). FWIW I observed an R on eBay today - no relation to seller; mine is not for sale. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott, very cool that you have both the mountain and road bike too. You ride much? That Bike R on eBay looks like it's in great shape, but too small for me fortunately. Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...