Friday, July 21, 2017

Easy Thursday jog


With clearing fire smoke, I jogged a super easy 5 miles this afternoon. It got warm, but not too bad. I ran along the Truckee Legacy Trail, my old bicycle route of choice. I'm still running super slow right now. But that is part of the plan. Years ago I ran a lot. For years. It took awhile, but I built up to a point where I could run a marathon every month and even ran a 5:15 mile. But that took years. After all the Porsche cycling, I am at a starting over point. Today's easy 5 miler is part of the plan to rebuild my running muscles and strengthen my bones after years of low impact bike riding.

This time though, the running adventure focuses on running with Porsche Design shoes. Today's easy miles were way beneath the new Endurance Boost shoes I just purchased. They are way too fast for these slow miles. But I'll get faster. Happened before, will happen again. Sunday I'm hoping to run a cool morning easy and slow 10 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...