Sunday, July 2, 2017

Final long ride on the Porsche Bike X


My final long ride on the Porsche Bike X before next weekend's 129-mile, 5 mountain pass Death Ride. I rode 85 miles in 8 hours last weekend, so this weekend I wanted to reduce miles and get the legs rested for the big event. I elected to ride the popular Truckee Tahoe Triangle to get a little hill climb and some seat time. Heading out at 8am, I felt good enough to ride quickly and push hard for the entire 47 miles. I didn't even eat anything before or during the ride. I just rode as fast as I could since I knew it would be a shorter ride than I've been doing lately. 

The 2004 Porsche Bike X is still performing very well. I washed the bike and lubed the chain yesterday and it's shifting so smoothly now. I'll be riding one more short and easy 12 miler Tuesday afternoon and then will clean up the bike again and back it up for the trip to Markleeville Friday.

Death Ride in 6 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...