Saturday, July 15, 2017

First run


This morning was a first on several levels.

Since I have been in cycling mode, I haven't run in a while. Today is my start to getting in a lot of base miles to rebuild the lower leg muscles and bones for faster running ahead. I walked a mile warming up then did 7 miles of 90 second jogging and 30 second walking, followed by a one mile cool down.

Today's outing was also the first miles on the Porsche Design Endurance Boost running shoes. They felt awesome! Light and comfortable, even for a guy that hasn't run in a while. I'll post more on them later.

And lastly, today was my first run with the new Adidas owned Runtastic iPhone app. Adidas is shutting down the app I was using prior. Adidas bought out Runtastic and I ended up with free lifetime premium membership as a result. So I'll be tracking all my training miles with this app.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...