Friday, July 28, 2017

Track time


I took the Porsche Design Endurance Boost running shoes (and the 986) to the track for the first time this morning. This was my first time back at the track in many years. So I took it easy. I jogged a mile to loosen up. Then ran a 1/4 mile at about a 7 minute per mile pace, then walked a 1/4 mile to cool down. Then repeated the fast and slow quarters again and finished with another slow mile jog. So, only 3 miles. But I need to ease back into this.

It was also perfect weather to drive the Boxster with the top down. Lower 70's with no wind (and no smoke!)

And perfect day for some speed work with the Endurance Boost shoes. These shoes at a 7 minute mile pace felt like heaven on the track. The running shoes are lightweight and have good grip. They also look great on the track.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to run around Donner Lake again. So I kept today to only 3 miles to save a little for the 7 miles tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...