Thursday, July 13, 2017

New goal!

Now that I've completed 100 miles on a Porsche Bike S mountain bike and the 129 mile Death Ride on a Porsche Bike X road bike, I'm ready to start my next challenge: The Boston Marathon with Porsche Design running shoes and clothes.

The Boston Marathon is the only 26.2 mile race that requires you to achieve a challenging qualification time prior to registering for the annual April race in Massachusetts.

I will begin training this weekend and continue into the fall of 2018. My plan is to run the qualifying race at the California International Marathon in Sacramento December 2018.

The shoes I'll wear for training, the qualifying race and the Boston Marathon are the Porsche Design Endurance Boost. These shoes are made by Adidas and designed to Porsche Design specifications. The shoes have a breathable lightweight upper that is also reflective, with Adidas Boost cushioning and a Continental Tire rubber sole for traction. This running shoe is lightweight, neutral support and very comfortable. 

The next year and a half, I'll be posting training updates as well as an ongoing shoe review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...