Tuesday, July 4, 2017

The last training ride...


... next up, the Death Ride this Saturday.

On the 4th of July, I rode a spirited little 12 miler as my last training ride before cleaning up the 2004 Porsche Bike X and preparing it for the trip to Markleeville this Friday. I wanted to stretch my legs and get a last little seat time before the big event. What I didn't realize was this short ride today put me over 4,000 miles on my three Porsche bicycles in preparation for the Death Ride. 1,200 miles this year alone on the Bike X road bike. The balance of the miles were over the prior year and half on the two Porsche Bike S mountain bikes. That's a lot of miles. I hope that's enough training to get me to the end of the 129 mile, 15,000 ft of climbing Death Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...