Monday, September 23, 2019

New saddle and mud guard on 1998 Porsche Bike S

While continuing to celebrate Oktoberfest, I installed the new saddle and mud guard on the 1998 Porsche Bike S. From the photo, it's easy to tell that the new saddle has way more cushioning than the old. My original saddle, although I was able to ride 100 miles, isn't ideal for the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal Towpath 184.5 miles. So installing the Ergon SMC4-M Sport Gel saddle was ideal for the job. I also installed the SKS mudguard to help avoid backsplash on the off-road adventure in 2020. I think it looks pretty slick, but I am drinking beer so what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...