Saturday, September 21, 2019

Porsche Bike S changes for the C&O


Even though I've been working on both a Bike S and Bike FS that aren't my own, I haven't forgotten about my 1998 Bike S and my 2020 goal of riding the 184.5-mile Chesapeake & Ohio Canal Towpath. The towpath is a very long and flat dirt trail from Washington DC to Cumberland, Maryland. On this dirt trail it's possible to encounter bumpy terrain, rain and mud so I just bought a SKS-Germany rear tire mud guard and Ergon SMC4-M Sport Gel saddle. Both are German brands I'm very familiar with as I have other parts from these companies on my other bikes. I really like the Ergon saddle and it provided a comfortable sitting position for the 129-mile Death Ride on the 2004 Porsche Bike X. Since the C&O is a long multi-day ride, I figured why do anything different. This Ergon seat is the gel padded version though. Same saddle with more cushion! Both should arrive early this week and I'll install immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...