Saturday, September 21, 2019

Porsche Bike FS parts list

Refurbishing Dennis' Porsche Bike FS isn't finished, but we're down to the last items. Here's the list of parts used in the rebuild process:

Forks: Votec GS 97 and GSIII Elastomer Refresh Kit
Rotors: Magura Storm HC 180mm/160mm
Brakes: Magura MT5 NEXT hydraulic disc
Tires: Continental Traffic 26 x 1.9
Tubes: Continental Tour/MTB 26 x 1.75/2.5 42mm Presta

Note: Continental and Magura are German brands that have supplied OEM parts for Porsche bicycles since the beginning of production.



6 comments:

  1. Jim, did you fabricate the adaptor brackets for the Magura brakes? Working on an FS that my wife rides and having continual problems with the stock Formula brakes so looking for an upgrade alternative. Great if you could let me know how you sourced the brackets. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Magura sells an adapter. I used the QM12 adapter, I believe. https://www.nashbar.com/magura-qm12-disc-brake-adapter-180mm-front-160mm-rear-is-mount-0-722-426/p340142

      Delete
  2. Hi Jim,

    I enjoyed reading your article and I share your passion for Porsche's(I have been employee at a Porsche dealer for just over 35 years). It super cool to hear how much you enjoy riding your Porsche bikes. I also have a FS bike that I purchased new in 1997. Although its in very good condition, I haven't ridden it in few years.
    Regards,
    Ron
    rwachtler@rusnakautogroup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron. Thank you for the kind words. What part of the world do you live? Porsche Bike enthusiasts from all over the world post here :)

      Delete

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...