Sunday, February 26, 2017

It's not only about the Porsche bikes ...

Riding Porsche bicycles long distances isn't only about bike preparation. Particularly at my age, preparing the body is important too. This week I plan to post what I do to get myself ready for a 100+ mile Porsche bike ride.

To start each day, I do a special "yoga for cyclists" routine I found on YouTube. This 22-minute video was uploaded to YouTube by Yoga with Kassandra and is labeled as Yoga Stretch for Cyclists - Yoga for Open Hips & Quad Stretch.

I looked through YouTube for other yoga videos but I think this is the best. It's not too short, not too long and the moves feel the best focused for cyclists.

I find this video useful to keep me limber and loose and prevents me from getting overly tightened which could result in pulling a leg muscle. I usually turn on my gas fireplace to warm the room for better stretching too.

Almost every morning, I watch the sunrise through my 2004 Porsche Bike X and preform the yoga moves looking outside at the snow. A great way to start the day and a good way to stay limber for an afternoon training ride.


2 comments:

  1. Great work on all of the bikes. I have a 1999(I think) FS. I rescued it from the back of the parts department at Brumos Porsche in 2003 and have had it ever since. I am unsure on the health of my front shock, it still has spring and seems to function okay, but the bike is 18 years old! I have the FS Evolution Manual, but would appreciate some help if able.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike! Even with some spring left in its step, I'd recommend changing the elastomers in the shocks. As you mentioned, the bike shocks are getting old. It's a couple fairly easy hours (or less) of work and around a $100 - but waiting until the elastomers give out completely will make the job much more difficult. Trust me, I waited too long. But once you have refurbished the shocks the bike will ride amazing. I'm here to help, for free of course, so ask any questions you may have. My email address is jimhemig@gmail.com too.

    ReplyDelete

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...