Tuesday, February 28, 2017

It's not only about the Porsche bikes, part 2

Earlier this week I mentioned riding Porsche bicycles long distances isn't only about bike preparation. In that blog post I talked about the yoga I do to ready myself for a 100+ mile Porsche bike ride.

Today I wanted to share the winter training I do to prepare myself for a spring launch into the long ride summer season. Living in Truckee near Lake Tahoe at 5,000 plus feet above sea level, the winter is not condusive for outdoor winter training. Frequent snow and below freezing temperatures keeps me training inside. 

So I make the most it. I have set up the ultimate Porsche cycling hibernation camp possible. My stationary bike is surrounded by a plethora of Porsche paraphernalia including a 2001 triple black 986 Boxster, a 2006 Carmona Red 955 Cayenne S, an all original 1996 Bike S, a modified 1998 Bike S, an all black 2004 Bike X and Porsche flags, posters and parts. I even have a portable heater and a place for my computer to update this blog while I ride. 

With a 2017 goal of riding a 2004 Porsche Bike X for the entire five mountain pass, 129 mile Death Ride in July, I'll need all the training I can get!

I would rather ride my Porsche bikes outside for sure, but this is the next best thing. Last winter this inside training worked well and provided the fitness to achieve my summer 100 mile long distance goals. If it works, why change it? So, again I'm spinning many, many miles on my garage stationary bike within full eyesight of all my Porsche vehicles, bikes and paraphernalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...