Friday, February 17, 2017

Porsche Bike Votec GS4 shock diagram

Dennis Yee tracked down a rare find ... a document sharing the inner-workings of the Votec GS4 bicycle shock used on many Porsche bicycles. The diagram included in the document far surpasses anything I have shared to date on how the elastomers, spacers and spring all fit together inside the shock tube and frame. Although the GS4 is a little different than the GSIII and GS97, the arrangement of the elastomers, spacers and spring are rather consistent from one model to the next. Contact me if you'd like the complete GS4 shock manual PDF.

2 comments:

  1. Jim, I know this is over two years old but can you share the GS4 pdf. My shocks collapsed last weekend and need a rebuild and really don't want to resort to a different fork. Also do you have a source for parts.
    Thanks for posted your experience with porsche bike too many haters just because of the name.

    Regards

    Peter
    Peterd54@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, I’ll send you the info I have shortly.

    ReplyDelete

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...