Thursday, May 18, 2017

Porsche Bike X final preparations

After my afternoon ride, I cleaned the 2004 Porsche Bike X and prepared it for the trip tomorrow to Grass Valley, California.

While cleaning the Porsche road bike I also adjusted the handlebar grips. The Ergon grips have felt a little low for my wrists so I raised them a little.

All of these adjustments and testing is in preparation for the mid-July 129-mile Death Ride. It feels good to have so much testing, adjustment and re-testing time.

The all-black 2004 Porsche Bike X looks great next to the triple-black 2001 Porsche Boxster in the garage.

My goal this weekend is to hammer the relatively short 55-mile Gold Country Challenge ride. But this hill riding will be good training.

As always, I'll report the entire journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...