Monday, May 29, 2017

Porsche Bike X to Donner Summit


Mimicking a ride I did last year with the 1998 Porsche Bike S (there is a photo on this blog with the same view shown here) I rode the 2004 Porsche Bike X from Glenshire, through Truckee, along Donner Lake and then up the Old Highway 40 steep grade to Donner Summit before turning around and riding the route back.

The steep uphill grade is perfect training for the Death Ride and the downhill is so fast and thrilling. The weather was amazing again today. After my ride yesterday, I wasn't sure how my legs would hold up. But I was able to ride well which is giving me more confidence for the July 129-mile Death Ride.

I stopped at a little general store at Donner Lake to check my phone and in the process accidently stopped my Adidas GPS app. So with a restart there are now two logs for the one ride. Add the two together and I traveled 32 miles today and totaled 72 miles for the weekend. Not bad, but I'll need to get to 100 next weekend to have a shot at the July event.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...