Monday, May 22, 2017

Porsche Bike X recovery ride

This afternoon I went for a short and very easy recovery ride on the 2004 Porsche Bike X. After Sunday's difficult 55-mile ride in the hilly Grass Valley/Nevada City area called the Gold Country Challenge, I took a rest day yesterday and decided to do an easy ride today to loosen up the legs.

I read on Bicycle magazine's website that the best thing for sore muscles, besides rest and protein, is getting the blood flowing with an easy ride. The magazine went to explain the easy ride should be so slow "your grandma could pass you." So I did just that. It felt weird riding that slow. But my legs do feel better. Tomorrow I'll do cycling yoga again too. 

The hardest part of the ride was only traveling 11 miles. The weather today was prefect! So I wanted to ride and ride. The weather has been yucky for so long that I really wanted to keep going. I may just do that tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...