Saturday, June 10, 2017

60 mile, 3 pass Porsche Bike X ride


This weekend's big ride was scheduled for three mountain summits and 60 miles. I needed to step up my game, so I chose Mount Rose as one of the summits. Mount Rose tops out at 8910 ft elevation, which is higher than any of the mountain passes on the Death Ride. 

I again started in Glenshire and rode through Truckee and over Brockway Summit. Brockway Summit's 7179 ft elevation doesn't stack up to the Death Ride summits, but it's a good workout. From Brockway I rode to Incline and up Mount Rose. The wind was rather brutal today with gusts to 30 mph. The summit of Mount Rose was crazy windy - at the top is where I turned around. When I got back to Incline, my face and hands were frozen.

The ride, other than the wind, was fantastic. Great views of Lake Tahoe. The 2004 Porsche Bike X is riding great - fast downhill and smooth uphill. My legs, butt and shoulders seem to handle the ride well. I'm definitely tired and sore, but not too bad. Another good Death Ride training day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...