Thursday, June 29, 2017

Fast Porsche Bike X ride


The last five days have been a mix of cycling workouts. Sunday was very long and moderately paced, Tuesday was short and super slow and today was a grindingly fast 25 mile ride.

The purpose of mixing up my rides is to get a combination of endurance and speed workouts with a little recovery ride in between.

This is the last week of training before the rest week prior to the big Death Ride event. So I'm cramming in the last efforts before resting up.

I rode out to Donner Lake and back as quick as possible. On the way out I had a nice little headwind. I used that to get a good workout. On the way back the tailwind allowed me to fly home.

Tonight's ride also served to test the final bike configuration of the 2004 Porsche Bike X for the Death Ride. This final configuration has two water bottles in SKS bottle cages, one SKS CageBox to hold a spare tube, patch kit and other bike supplies and the SKS Tour Bag XL hanging off the seat post to hold my cold temperature and rain clothes.

This final configuration holds all the stuff I'll need and a top mounted water bottle that is easy and quick to get at. I'll test this set up again Sunday on my last long ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...