Sunday, June 18, 2017

SKS Tour Bag XL


I ordered a larger saddle bag yesterday and it should arrive around the end of next week. Riding early one cold morning, I needed a light jacket. But as the temperature rose, I stuffed it in my saddle bag - it almost didn't fit. On the Death Ride I'll need to bring even more clothes and biking stuff.

So I ordered the SKS Tour Bag XL. The Tour Bag XL should hold all of my biking clothes for the Death Ride. There is no bag drop at the Death Ride, but even if there was, I'd want to keep my extra layers. The early morning can be cold there. Afternoons can get warm - and have occasional rain. So having, and storing, extra clothing layers is important.

SKS is a German cycling accessory company. I purchased their Anywhere bottle cages and a CageBox. So the saddle bag is a nice addition. The CageBox holds the spare tube, patch kit, tools and pump. The Tour Bag will be reserved for clothing. 

The coolest thing about the Tour Bag XL is the bottom of this saddle bag unzips and extends to fit more stuff. This will match my all-German 2004 Porsche Bike X road bike and be effective for the upcoming Death Ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...