Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Porsche Design Endurance Boost


I have a massive uphill battle on my hands in July (pun intended) with the incredibly difficult 129-mile Death Ride that transverses five California Sierra passes. But that doesn't stop me from thinking about what might come next after my current challenge.

I just ordered a pair of Porsche Design P5000 M Endurance Boost running shoes on eBay. These new shoes are last year's model - which saved a bunch of money on the very pricey PD product. The eBay delivery information says the package should arrive by June 29.

The shoes are manufactured by Adidas (a corporate partner of Porsche) to Porsche Design specifications. The soles are Adidas Boost material. I have two other Adidas trail running shoes with Boost underfoot. Boost is Adidas' most responsive cushioning. The one piece upper is a breathable material with a really cool reflective pattern underneath. Best of all, the soles have a rubber tread made by the Continental tire company. I have German-made Continentals on my cars, bike and my shoes!

My next adventure will be centered around running. But I'll keep the goal to myself until after the Death Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...