Thursday, June 15, 2017

Tahoe Donner Porsche Bike X ride


Ramping up for the Death Ride, I rode 40 miles late today adding to the 30 miles I rode Tuesday. I headed for Tahoe Donner to the infamous Skislope loop that gets up over 7,000 ft elevation. Screaming downhill from Tahoe Donner, I went out to Donner Lake and back too to add a few miles.

The weather today was in the mid 70s with some wind. I met a headwind on the first half and a tailwind on the way back. If I have to ride in the wind, that's my preferred direction.

The 2004 Porsche Bike X performed well again and my legs are feeling stronger than ever. Sunday (after watching the 24 Hours of Lemans) I'm planning to ride 80 miles. Sunday will be the ultimate test for the upcoming Death Ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...