Saturday, January 14, 2017

Finally! Quantec fork arrived!

While shoveling snow today, the mailman brought a box to the door. The packing slip said it was from Germany and I instantly knew the Quantec 700c carbon fiber fork arrived!

Ripping apart the box, the fork arrived in good shape. Funny thing is the online tracking still shows the fork in San Francisco US customs. Odd. But I'm not complaining.

I ordered this fork sight unseen. I needed a German fork to complete the transition of the German-made 2004 Porsche Bike X from a hybrid bike to a road bike. This is the last piece needed. I ordered it with the specs I could find on this 2004 bike. So when it arrived today, I quickly pulled it out of the box and checked all the dimensions. So far it looks like it will fit the Bike X.

Tomorrow I plan to cut the steerer tube to fit, grease everything up and install all the bearings, handle bars and brakes and see if everything will work together.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...