Sunday, January 15, 2017

Taking the Quantec fork for a drive

With an auto accident up ahead, I snapped this photo while sitting still on the way to the bike shop. I decided against cutting the steerer tube down to size and hammering in the star nut myself. Both require special tools I do not have. So I drove off in the Cayenne S to the bike shop only to get stuck behind a line of cars because a pick up truck overturned on an icy road. Paco's bike shop in Truckee only charged me five dollars to cut the steer tube and pound in the star nut. Not a bad deal. Now I'm heading home to put the bike back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...