Sunday, January 8, 2017

Preparing the Porsche Bike X for the new carbon fiber fork

With the new German Quantec 700c rigid carbon fork scheduled to arrive this Wednesday, I decided to proactively disassemble the front end of the 2004 Porsche Bile X. On my rack, I took off the front wheel, brakes and handlebar.

With all this apart, I cleaned the steerer tube including the bearings in the top and bottom of the tube. The bearings were not very dirty, but this is the best time to do this work. Now everything is ready for the fork to arrive and reassemble.

This is the last step in the rebuild process. Just add the fork and I'll have fully converted the 2004 Porsche Bike X from a hybrid bicycle to a mountain crushing road bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...