Friday, January 6, 2017

Quantec fork on the way

The Quantec 700c Carbon Canti Cross Fork I ordered is making it's long and slow trip from Germany. I just received the following text message:

Processed thru Facility 01/06/2017 2:34am ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) Reply HELP 4 help-STOP to cancel
Expected Delivery Day: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 Reply HELP 4 help-STOP to cancel


I love tracking my orders. It's like monitoring Santa Claus on Christmas Eve!

The carbon fork is one of the last two parts yet to arrive that will complete the 2004 Porsche Bike X transition from a hybrid bike (half road bike, half mountain bike) to a full road bike specifically built for mountain climbing. This fork is critical to reducing the overall bike weight and lowering the center of gravity.

The other part last to arrive is the SKS Anywhere bike cage adaptor. The Anywhere is scheduled to arrive about the same day. This simple bike part will allow me to mount the SKS Slidecage and SKS Cagebox on the inside bike frame and keep it away from rubbing on the front tire (where I had installed it previously). The Anywhere will take minutes to install.

The Quantec 700c Carbon Canti Cross Fork is another story. I need to take the Bike X apart including the handlebars, front brakes, front wheel and of course the current shock fork. The new Quantec fork will be measured so I can cut the steerer tube to size for this bike. Then I get to reinstall all the parts back on. This entire process could take a day or over a weekend.

I can't wait to share the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...