Sunday, January 1, 2017

New saddle for the Porsche Bike X

As I continue the work to change the Porsche Bike X from a hybrid bicycle into a mountain climbing road bike, the next step was to replace the saddle. The 2004 Bike X originally came with an Italian touring-style seat (left in photo).

Since the 129-mile Death Ride requires a lot of seat time, I opted to install the Ergon SMC4 bike saddle. The SMC4 is actually a mountain bike seat, which I selected specifically for its comfort over the long and slow ride uphill for hours on end.

The Ergon saddle is designed by a German company specializing in ergonomic bike products. I just love the Ergon bike handle bar grips I installed last week. So I am confident this seat will provide comfort over the many miles I have planned in 2017. And it looks great attached to the Syntace P6 seat post (lower photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...