Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Too much snow...

Death Ride training and 2004 Porsche Bike X rebuild had to both be put on hold the last few days. Truckee was hit by a massive winter storm that caused flooding and power outages. I lost power for over 24 hours and spent nearly 20 hours shoveling snow the last 7 days. Is snow shoveling good Death Ride training? I think so! I had some snow shoveling motivation in the form of a periodic shots of Jaegermeister.

The weather appears to have delayed the arrival of the Quantec 700c carbon fiber rigid fork I ordered from Germany too. It was supposed to arrive today. That didn't happen. Hopefully it makes it this week.

The weather is supposed to improve this weekend. So I'll be back on the bike. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...