Saturday, January 7, 2017

Porsche Bike X gear configuration

Now that all the bits and pieces have arrived, I have completed the set up of all the accessories I plan to use during the Death Ride.

For starters, since I'm riding a 2004 Porsche Bike X in the Death Ride, I figured I should use my genuine Porsche water bottle. It just happens to be black just like the bike. I believe one water bottle will be sufficient since they have frequent rest stops along the Death Ride route. To attach the water bottle, I installed the SKS Slidecage. The Slidecage allows the bottle to be removed from the top as well as from the side. This is handy because I have a limited space to work with because of the other accessories.

Speaking of, next to the water bottle I have installed a SKS Cagebox to the Bike X frame with another SKS Slidecage using the SKS Anywhere straps. Again, the Slidecage is great because of the tight space. The Anywhere straps were needed because that part of the bike frame didn't have any bolt holes. The Cagebox is a water bottle shaped utility container. I easily stuffed a spare bike tube, tire levers, patch kit, allen wrench, screwdriver and air nozzle adaptor into the Cagebox.

Everything fits nicely. The Porsche Bike X accessories are ready for the Death Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...