Saturday, January 28, 2017

Greasing the gears

While I'm awaiting the start of the 24 Hours of Daytona, I am also doing the final preparation for my 50-mile bike ride Monday. Since I left the newly rebuilt 2004 Porsche Bike X in the living room, I hadn't lubricated the gears yet. I didn't want that dripping on the wood floor. So, I just covered all of the gears and chain in a bicycle lubricant in the garage.

Monday I will drive the 2-hour haul to downtown Sacramento and jump on the American River bike trail and hopefully ride 50 miles. The weather is supposed to be 61 degrees with very little wind. Perfect riding weather. I haven't even turned one mile since I completely finished the rebuild. So, I hope it all holds together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...