Friday, December 30, 2016

Another Reno 26-mile Porsche Bike X ride

With another Sierra storm approaching, I drove to Verdi to ride through Reno again before I'm stuck in the garage on the stationary bike again for a few days. It was a little warmer and a little windier in Reno than when I rode there Wednesday.

I started in the same place as Wednesday, Crystal Park along the Truckee River, and rode east toward Reno. Instead of heading into downtown Reno though, I turned south and rode up McCarran Blvd toward Caughlin Parkway. A 2.5 mile uphill was a little challenging but not too bad.

The other side was a fun and fast downhill to the 13-mile mark. Then I turned around and went back uphill and another fun descent.

I picked this route specifically as a training ride for the Death Ride. I need to start hill training, and this is the biggest in Reno, which isn't saying much. But it's prefect since it's early in my training plan. The total ascent today was 2,500 ft. Not too shabby.

The new Ergon GP5 handlebar grips and long bar ends were AWESOME on the uphills. They performed exactly as I had hoped they would. The new SKS Cagebox didn't though. I placed it under the bike and it rubbed on the front tire. Rubbed a groove in the Cagebox lid. So, I'll need to figure out a better place for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...