Monday, December 19, 2016

Porsche Bike X rebuild: Day one

Tonight I changed out a few items while drinking some Spätburgunder in my garage. I can't think of a better way to spend a Monday evening.

While taking the Porsche Bike X apart this weekend, I noticed the brake pads were a little worn. So I replaced the front and back pads, black and chrome of course, to match the bike.

I also installed two new SKS Slidecage bottle cages on the top and bottom lower tube. These are German-made lightweight adjustable bottle cages.

Next, I added the Syntace P6 aluminum seat post to the bike frame. I removed the original 2004 shock seat post in favor of a rigid post. This will improve performance as well as looks great.

Tomorrow, I'll be working on the rims and tires. Not an easy task I might add. More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...